In Press / Early View
- Modeling spatiotemporal dynamics of krill aggregations: size, intensity, persistence, and coherence with seabirds
Santora, JA, JG Dorman, and WJ Sydeman. Ecography, early view. doi: 10.1111/ecog.02250.
- Puffins reveal contrasting relationships between forage fish and ocean climate in the North Pacific
Sydeman, WJ, JF Piatt, SA Thompson, M Garcia-Reyes, S Hatch, M Arimitsu, L Slater, J Williams, N Rojek, S Zador, and H Renner. Fisheries Oceanography, early view. doi: 10.1111/fog.12204.
Regionalizing indicators for marine ecosystems: Bering Sea - Aleutian Island seabirds, climate, and competitors
Sydeman, WJ, SA Thompson, JF Piatt, M Garcia-Reyes, S Zador, JC Williams, M Romano, and HM Renner. Ecological Indicators 78:458-469.
Persistence of trophic hotspots and relation to human impacts within an upwelling marine system
Santora, JA, WJ Sydeman, ID Schroeder, JC Field, RR Miller, and BK Wells. Ecological Applications 27:560-574.
- Are there temporal or spatial gaps in recent estimates of anchovy off California?
Davison, PC, WJ Sydeman, and JA Thayer. CalCOFI Reports 58:1-13.
Satellite sea-surface temperatures along the west coast of the United States during the 2014-2016 northeast Pacific marine heat wave
Gentemann, CL, MR Fewings, and M Garcia-Reyes. Geophysical Research Letters 44:312-319.
California Multivariate Ocean Climate Indicator (MOCI) and marine ecosystem dynamics
Garcia-Reyes, M, and WJ Sydeman. Ecological Indicators 72:521-529. [Research Brief]
- Exploring the implications of the harvest control rule for Pacific sardine, accounting for predator dynamics: A MICE model
Punt, AE, AD MacCall, TE Essington, TB Francis, F Hurtado-Ferro, KF Johnson, IC Kaplan, LE Koehn, PS Levin, and WJ Sydeman. Ecological Modelling 337:79-95.
- Breeding ecology of Brandt's cormorants and western gulls on Alcatraz Island, 2016
Robinson, H, J Thayer, W Merkle, and V Seher. Farallon Institute Final Report to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) and National Park Service (NPS).
- Early warning signals, nonlinearity, and signs of hysteresis in real ecosystems
Litzow, MA, and ME Hunsicker. Ecosphere 7:e01614.
- Developing a high taxonomic resolution food web model to assess the functional role of forage fish in the California Current ecosystem
Koehn, LE, TE Essington, KN Marshall, IC Kaplan, WJ Sydeman, AI Szoboszlai, and JA Thayer. Ecological Modelling 335:87-100.
- Productivity and biomass of fishes in the California Current Large Marine Ecosystem: Comparison of fishery-dependent and -independent time series
Koslow, JA, and PC Davison. Environmental Development 17:23-32.
- Recent collapse of northern anchovy biomass off California
MacCall, AD, WJ Sydeman, PC Davison, and JA Thayer. Fisheries Research 175:87-94.
- Responses of marine organisms to climate change across oceans
Poloczanska, ES, MT Burrows, CJ Brown, J Garcia Molinos, BS Halpern, O Hoegh-Guldberg, CV Kappel, PJ Moore, AJ Richardson, DS Schoeman, and WJ Sydeman. Frontiers in Marine Science 3:62.
- Modeled connectivity of Acropora millepora populations from reefs of the Spratly Islands and the greater South China Sea
Dorman, JG, FS Castruccio, EN Curchitser, JA Kleypas, and TM Powell. Coral Reefs 35:169-179.
- Marine ecosystem perspectives on Chinook salmon recruitment: a synthesis of empirical and modeling studies from a California upwelling system
Wells, BK, JA Santora, ID Schroeder, N Mantua, WJ Sydeman, DD Huff, and JC Field. Marine Ecology Progress Series 552:271-284.
- Early ocean distribution of juvenile Chinook salmon in an upwelling ecosystem
Hassrick, JL, MJ Henderson, DD Huff, WJ Sydeman, MC Sabal, JA Harding, AJ Ammann, ED Crandall, EP Bjorkstedt, JC Garza, and SA Hayes. Fisheries Oceanography 25:133-146.